Hello and welcome to Willow Class!
You can help your child by:
· Asking what they have learnt and what they are proud of. I feel this is a very important one.
· Reading a wide variety of books together, commenting on their content and your opinions of the characters, setting and plot. Please record in your reading record each day as to what you are reading as they will be checked weekly.
· Checking unfamiliar words and exploring vocabulary with a dictionary.
· Encouraging your child to use dictionaries for checking spellings, this will be regular practise in the classroom
· Learning times tables and number bonds.
· Encouraging them to be independent and develop their general organisational skills.
· Ensuring they complete ongoing homework tasks.
· Helping with their talk for writing homework given on Friday in preparation for the Big Write the following Friday.
I will help by:
· Providing an open door policy for both parents and children.
· Ensuring that children are completing homework every week to ensure they make the most out of their learning. If homework is not completed, it will have to be completed in their own time whilst at school.
· Running a homework club for those who I feel would benefit from extra support (invitation only)
· Ensuring that both children and parents are well informed of events and expectation.
Thank you in advance of your support and encouragement-
Miss A O’Grady & Miss H Groome
You need login to view this folder.
Keep up to date with our day at school and follow us on Twitter…..