Welcome to Sycamore Class!
In Sycamore class we strive to try our best, respect each other and reflect positively on our work.
During the school closure from January 5th 2021, we will continue to work remotely in Year 5. We will continue to learn on Showbie and Zoom daily. Here is a timetable for the week. All parents and carers of children in Year 5 have received a Parentmail explaining the plan for this half term and our expectations.
Below are the timetables for what we will cover in Home Learning
In Year 5, we are very lucky to have access to a class set of iPads. We use these on a daily basis to make our learning more creative, efficient and fun! We use an app called Showbie which allows all work to be completed, stored and marked remotely. Have a look at the link below to discover more about Showbie!
Children have also been provided with Log-in cards for Mathletics, an online learning tool which Maths challenges will regularly be set on. Mathletics is available online and on a free app.
In class, we have been using Epic! This is a free Android and Apple App which allows children access to thousands of free books. After downloading the app, go to ‘Have an account? Sign In’ at the bottom of the page, then ‘Students and Educators’, then type in the class code which is Pli2720. Children will then have full, free access to all Epic! books.
Response to Covid-19
We have many precautions in place in our class to protect against Covid-19. Our room has been laid out so that all children face the front, and not each other, we follow a one-way system around school and we avoid other class bubbles during the school day, including at break time and lunch time. Children are asked to bring hand sanitiser into school each day.
Below are a collection of free online resources and ideas that you can access:
Thank you in advance of your support and encouragement,
Mr D Bate,
Mrs R Johnson & Mrs H Groome
Please help and encourage your child’s learning by:
- Reading a wide variety of books together, commenting on their content and expressing opinions about the characters, setting and plot.
- Checking unfamiliar words and exploring vocabulary with a dictionary.
- Learning times tables and number bonds and ensuring they complete ongoing homework tasks.
- Encouraging them to be independent and develop their general organisational skills.
- Helping with their talk for writing homework given on Friday in preparation for the Big Write the following Friday.
- Actively participating in your child’s home/school diary.
Keep up to date with our day at school and follow us on Twitter……