Welcome to Sycamore Class!
In light of the recent government advice regarding the Covid-19 virus, We will prepare weekly Maths, English, Reading and wider curriculum tasks for you to access and complete at home.
I will be uploading a weekly plan of work which will include Maths, English and Reading tasks as well as a weekly projects to complete based around the wider curriculum. These lessons will broadly cover the subjects and objectives that we would have been looking at in school. These can be accessed and uploaded remotely on your devices using the Showbie website or app. Showbie is a free website and App for Android and Apple devices. The children all know their usernames and passwords. Children will be able to take photos and upload completed Home Learning work. If you are unable to access showbie, all work will also be available here on the school website.
All work for the week will be uploaded at 8am on Monday morning.
This word document includes all sheets for the week in an easy-to print format.
Extra Printable maths challenges:
Children have also been provided with Log-in cards for Mathletics, an online learning tool which Maths challenges will regularly be set on. Mathletics is available online and on a free app.
Extra English tasks:
Create a book review of one of your favourite books or a book you read and enjoyed recently. You could write it in any way you like. Maybe you could use an app like pages or write/draw it on paper.
Here is an example of a book review of Mr Bate’s Favourite book…
In class, we have been using Epic! This is a free Android and Apple App which allows children access to thousands of free books. After downloading the app, go to ‘Have an account? Sign In’ at the bottom of the page, then ‘Students and Educators’, then type in the class code which is Pli2720. Children will then have full, free access to all Epic! books.
Below are a collection of free online resources and ideas that you can access:
Thank you in advance of your support and encouragement in these difficult times.
Mr D Bate,
Mrs H Groome & Mrs V Ashworth
Please help and encourage your child’s learning by:
- Reading a wide variety of books together, commenting on their content and expressing opinions about the characters, setting and plot.
- Checking unfamiliar words and exploring vocabulary with a dictionary.
- Learning times tables and number bonds and ensuring they complete ongoing homework tasks.
- Encouraging them to be independent and develop their general organisational skills.
- Helping with their talk for writing homework given on Friday in preparation for the Big Write the following Friday.
- Actively participating in your child’s home/school diary.
Keep up to date with our day at school and follow us on Twitter……