The Government gives grants to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’.
- Pupils known to be eligible for free school meals (FSM) in any of the previous six years
- service children in mainstream schools
- looked- after children
From April 2014 our school can attract this Pupil Premium for any of our children who are eligible via the following criteria:
- Children that were adopted from care on or after 30 December 2005 (under the Adoption & Children Act 2002) or who leave care under a Special Guardianship or Residential Order.
Parents self-declare their child’s adopted status to the school providing supporting evidence. If your child meets this criteria and you would like them to benefit from the Pupil Premium available, please contact us.
A requirement of the School Information Regulations 2012 is to publish the pupil premium allocation information online. The reports include:
· The amount of the school’s allocation from the pupil premium grant in respect of the current academic year
· Details of how it is intended that the allocation will be spent
· Details of how the previous academic year’s allocation was spent
· The effect of this expenditure on the educational attainment of those pupils at our school in respect of whom the grant was allocated
Funding and strategies
Click on the link below for further information….