WHY STRIKE LANE
Why Choose Strike Lane?
About our school:
Strike Lane Primary School is a community school where close links exist with the churches in the locality. The school first opened in 1965 to support the growth of the local community and continues to give a warm welcome to all its pupils. We have extensive school grounds which incorporates a large playing field, a pond, raised beds for each class and amazing outdoor learning areas.
Why Strike Lane?
- Wonderful surroundings to enrich and broaden your child’s experiences and education.
- Fantastic involvement with our community e.g., Club Day, Freckleton in Bloom.
- Blue Bear Nursery & Pre School, which provides full day care for children aged 6 months to 5 years.
- Wide range of extra-curricular activities and inter school sports events.
- Breakfast & After School club.
- An exciting and stimulating curriculum to meet all needs & interests.
- Fantastic attainment and achievement for pupils.
- Numerous sporting clubs including Football, Badminton, Netball, Multi Skills, Athletics, Hockey, Tennis, Rounders, Archery, Yoga, Cheerleading, Running and Dance.
- A wide range of other clubs including Eco Club, ICT, Gardening, Singing, Arts & Crafts, Origami, French, Science Investigations, Guitar, Media, Den Building, Cooking, Drawing, Colouring and Fantastic Book Awards.
- Breakfast Club opens from 7:40am to 8:50am and After School Club from 3:25pm – 5:45pm.
Gained our Third Green Flag, Fairtrade award, North West in Bloom awards, Investors in Pupils award, Arts Mark Silver Award, Primary Quality Mark award and Gold Behaviour Quality Mark.
One form entry since September 2012. Stimulating whole school curriculum with themed weeks such as investigations, storytelling, Ready, Set, Design and Safety Week and exciting residential visits to Paris France (Year 6) and Hothersall Lodge in Longridge (Year 4).
Amazing performances at Christmas and Easter as well a fantastic Year 3,4 & production in spring and Year 6 production in the summer.
An active School Council and Eco Council.
An exciting entitlement curriculum which links a range of stimulating experiences for each child to achieve throughout their time with us at Strike Lane.
Our links with the community:
- Strong links with the local churches, with the clergy leading whole school assemblies each month.
- Active participation in local events such as Club Day, Horticultural Show, Freckleton & North West in Bloom and singing at local residential homes.
- Active Friends of Strike Lane School who organise many events such as Discos, Bingo, DVD Nights, Casino Nights and many more.
- Parents and the community are regularly invited into school each term for lunch, class assemblies, progress cups and open days.
- Environmental days for the whole family.
- Monthly contributions to the parish newsletter with diaries of events and achievements in school.
- Blue Bear Nursery & Pre School open 5 days a week for children aged 6 months to 5 years.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed at any time. If you would like to visit the school please contact the Headteacher to arrange an appointment. School prospectuses are available from school and it can be viewed under ‘School Prospectus’ section on our website: www.strikelaneprimary.co.uk
We look forward to inviting you into our school.